Student Internship: Electronic Communication Curator
Location: CCSN, tele-commuting
The Electronic Communication Curator (ECC) will assist the CCSN Network Administrator with all website content management and integrated marketing aspects associated with the network (www.theccsn.com). The ECC will support strategic objectives designed to create new opportunities for CCSN Members and potential partners, including publishing opportunities through Integratio Press (an imprint of CCSN). Successful candidates should possess strong writing skills, an exceptional work ethic, a highly teachable attitude, and a high degree of professionalism in all areas of communication, especially electronic communication. The intern must have tele-commuting capabilities (e.g., video-conferencing) since most meetings will be conducted via Skype, GoToTraining, and other such platforms. Hours per week: negotiable.
- Assisting with content management of website: adding new content, deleting existing content, or otherwise editing existing content as directed.
- Assisting in preparation of monthly newsletter/email (via MailChimp).
- Assisting in the coordination of peer-reviewed book reviews and editing process with editorial board.
- Assisting in preparation of books for publication through Integratio Press (CCSN’s imprint).
- Social media management: adding content to Facebook, Twitter, Linked In, and other social media outlets; assisting in Integrated Marketing Strategies which includes review of existing social media outlets and an annual marketing and promotions plan for the network.
- Writing and editing advertising copy for press releases, and assisting in the preparation of other marketing materials as needed.
- Soliciting content from authors and other members for inclusion on the network.
- Cultivating relationships with authors, publishers, members and related constituents to help promote the work of the CCSN.
- Setting up Google Alerts and searching for quality content in communication studies to be added to the network.
- Assisting Network Administrator with grant writing and administration.
- Assisting in the preparation of proposals assigned by the CEO that are recurring or can be completed in several days.
- Assisting Network Administrator with the identification of additional funding sources for all strategic objectives.
- Assisting the Network Administrator with forging relationships with new and expanded donors and partner organizations.