Christianity and Communication Studies Network (CCSN)
Job title: (Student Internship): Digital Communication Curator
The Digital Communication Curator (DCC) will be housed in the Institute for Faith and Communication and assist the CCSN Network Administrator with an assortment of website content management and integrated marketing aspects associated with the network (www.theccsn.com). The DCC will support strategic objectives designed to create new opportunities for CCSN Members and potential partners, including publishing opportunities through Integratio Press (an imprint of CCSN) and the Journal of Christian Teaching Practice (JCTP). Successful candidates should possess strong writing skills, an exceptional work ethic, a highly teachable attitude, and a high degree of professionalism in all areas of communication, especially digital communication. The intern must have tele-commuting capabilities. Hours per week: negotiable. Non-paid with the possibility of future project-based pay after six months. Travel and other expenses associated with the work are covered. Ideal for the student interested in graduate school or a career in publishing or higher education. Start: 2022.
Based on student interests and skills, responsibilities assigned will include but not be limited to the following:
- Assisting with content management of website: adding new content, deleting existing content, or otherwise editing existing content as directed.
- Assisting in preparation of monthly newsletter/email (via MailChimp).
- Assisting in the coordination of peer-reviewed book reviews and editing process with the editorial board for the Journal of Christian Teaching Practice (JCTP).
- Assisting in the preparation of books for publication through Integratio Press.
- Assisting with social media management: adding content to various social media outlets; assisting in Integrated Marketing Strategies which includes review of existing social media outlets and an annual marketing and promotions plan.
- Writing and editing advertising copy for press releases and assisting in the preparation of other marketing materials as needed.
- Soliciting content from authors and other members for inclusion on the network.
- Cultivating relationships with authors, publishers, members, and related constituents to help promote the work of the CCSN.
- Setting up Google Alerts and searching for quality content in communication studies to be added to the network.
- Assisting the Network Administrator with grant writing and administration.
- Assisting the Network Administrator with the identification of additional funding sources for all strategic objectives.
- Assisting the Network Administrator with forging relationships with new and expanded donors and partner organizations.
Contact: Robert Woods, CCSN Executive Director ([email protected])