Journal of Christian Teaching Practice (JCTP): The Journal of Christian Teaching Practice publishes original work focusing on pedagogical examples and teaching strategies that demonstrate the integration of Christian faith with collegiate instruction. Qualitative and qualitative approaches are welcome. Submissions should discuss exemplary teaching practices, their success in the classroom, along with an explanation of observed student outcomes. The journal is peer-reviewed. Work is published in each volume in real time as it is completed, not all at once in June or December.
Volume 6(2), 2019 (July-December) (Forthcoming)
Journal submissions can take several forms:
- Book Reviews: featured book reviews are 1,500 words or less in length. You can review several examples here.
- Long form essays: journal length articles, 5-6,000 words, including endnotes and references.
- Short form essays: journal length articles on the shorter side (less than 2,000 words including endnotes and references).
- Case studies: successful teaching strategies that ignite student learning or promote integration of faith and learning in the classroom, or approaches to research and practice that you have found helpful, or other relevant cases that would serve members (less than 2,000 words including endnotes and references)
- Thinkpieces: short reflection pieces, or opinion pieces addressing pedagogical examples and teaching strategies (less than 2,000 words including endnotes and references).
- Other: material that does not fit one of the other member publication types listed above. We welcome creative material, visual and graphic material, and work that takes advantage of multi-media platforms in ways that serve our membership.
All publishing opportunities above are peer-reviewed. Becoming a member of CCSN does not guarantee publication of your work. We welcome submissions from non-members that meet our publication goals. As noted above, books published through Edenridge Press have a separate review and editorial process from other publishing opportunities described on this page.
CCSN has an editorial board of teachers, scholars, and other professionals who regularly review items submitted for publication. An additional list of qualified peer-reviewers is used depending on the submission and publication type. Review is fast – usually 1 to 2 weeks. Publication is in electronic form only and will appear exclusively on the CCSN (www.theccsn.co). All peer-reviewed publications are accessible to the public. The style guide for publication is MLA/Chicago, most recent edition.
Submissions: send an email to the Network administrator: [email protected]. Indicate the type of publication above you wish to submit and explain why your submission will be of interest to CCSN members. Book ideas for Edenridge Press should be sent directly to Edenridge as explained above.
Editorial Staff: Robert Woods, J.D, Ph.D. (Editor-in-Chief); Laura Lee Groves, Ph.D. (Assistant Editor); Joel Ward, Ph.D. (Managing Editor); Naaman Wood, Ph.D. (Book Review Editor); Kayla Williamson (Editorial Assistant)
Enjoy recent books by CCSN members, webinar presenters, editorial board members, and special guests. Click on the book to read more and view amazon.com details. Or, visit the member publications area to learn about other CCSN publications.