LCC International University in Klaipeda, Lithuania, invites applications for a full-time or part-time faculty position in the Department of English and Communication.
- Teaching introductory and advanced courses in Corporate Communication, Rhetoric or Media Studies, and any of the following: Public Speaking, Interpersonal Communication, Intercultural Communication, Communication Research Methods, Communication Ethics;
- Helping to develop a new communication program with a focus on social change;
- Mentoring and advising students; supervising senior thesis projects;
- Commitment to scholarship in an international setting.
- A Ph.D. in Communication or Rhetoric preferred; ABD or Master’s degree considered. Rank of appointment will be commensurate with qualifications;
- Three years of teaching experience at the undergraduate level preferred;
- Commitment to student-centered teaching methods that encourage interaction and critical thinking;
- Ability and willingness to adapt to a culturally, ethnically, and linguistically diverse student body;
- Commitment to the integration of Christian faith in higher education.
The University: LCC International University is a fully accredited liberal arts university located in the port city of Klaipeda, Lithuania. All instruction is in English. The school’s mission is to serve the post-Soviet region, extending from the Baltics to the Urals to Central Asia. Our 500 students come from 26 countries for an education modeled on the American liberal arts college with an uncompromising Christian worldview.
The application deadline is October 1, 2015 for a January 2016 appointment and March 1, 2016 for an August 2016 appointment.
Travel and housing provided. Externally-funded position (volunteer).