Colleagues and friends.
Please welcome John Hatch as book editor for the Journal of Christian Teaching Practice (in Communication Studies) (JCTP). John recently taught at Eastern University, and now serves as a CCSN Senior Fellow.
Please consider submitting a book review or other submission that fits one of the forms described below.
JCTP publishes original work focusing on pedagogical examples and teaching strategies that demonstrate the integration of Christian faith with collegiate instruction. Qualitative and qualitative approaches are welcome. Submissions should discuss exemplary teaching practices, their success in the classroom, along with an explanation of observed student outcomes.
Journal submissions can take several forms:
- Book Reviews: featured book reviews are 1,500 words or less in length.
- Long form essays: journal length articles, 5-6,000 words, including endnotes and references.
- Short form essays: journal length articles on the shorter side (less than 2,000 words including endnotes and references).
- Case studies: successful teaching strategies that ignite student learning or promote integration of faith and learning in the classroom, or approaches to research and practice that you have found helpful, or other relevant cases that would serve members (less than 2,000 words including endnotes and references)
- Thinkpieces: short reflection pieces, or opinion pieces addressing pedagogical examples and teaching strategies (less than 2,000 words including endnotes and references).
- Other: material that does not fit one of the other member publication types listed above. We welcome creative material, visual and graphic material, and work that takes advantage of multi-media platforms in ways that serve our membership.
All publishing opportunities above are peer-reviewed. Becoming a member of CCSN does not guarantee publication of your work. We welcome submissions from non-members that meet our publication goals.
CCSN has an editorial board of teachers, scholars, and other professionals from more than 30 Christian colleges and universities who regularly review items submitted for publication. An additional list of qualified peer-reviewers is used depending on the submission and publication type. Review is fast – usually 1 to 2 weeks. Publication is in electronic form only and will appear exclusively on the CCSN (www.theccsn.com). All peer-reviewed publications are accessible to the public. The style guide for publication is MLA/Chicago, most recent edition.
Submissions: send an email to the Network administrator: [email protected]. Indicate the type of publication above you wish to submit and explain why your submission will be of interest to CCSN members.